There are a variety of conditions that require your tooth to be repaired with a crown. A few of the conditions include:
- Large fillings
- Root canals
- Cracked tooth syndrome
- Broken cusps
- Excessive wear of teeth
- Undesirable appearance of teeth
Traditional crown fabrication takes place in a dental laboratory and requires multiple visits to the dentist office. But there’s a much more convenient and superior alternative: CEREC same-day crowns made in our dental office. CEREC is the most advanced (and precise) way to restore the look and function of your teeth. Grove Avenue Family & Cosmetic Dentistry is pleased to offer an advanced procedure that reduces the time commitment of the traditional crown. CEREC Crowns stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. These crowns are digitally designed to fit your tooth precisely.
Using advanced CAD-CAM technology, an image of your existing tooth is scanned into a computer created especially for this purpose. The procedure will then flow as follows:
- Using the data contained in this image, your crown is designed on the screen.
- While you relax, diamond coated instruments are used to mill a ceramic block, perfectly reproducing the computer-generated design.
- The crown is polished and placed over your existing tooth. Since the design is reproduced exactly to specifications, a perfect fit is insured.
- A unique light is used to harden the bonding material, uniting your crown with your tooth.
- Finally, your new and greatly improved tooth is expertly polished, resulting in a smooth and natural look and feel.
This process should take a couple of hours within one office visit. The advantages are numerous including:
- One visit
- No temporary crown
- No messy impressions
- More attractive ceramic material
- Natural feeling crown
Our dentist have mastered the CEREC approach and many Grove Avenue Family & Cosmetic Dentistry patients have saved a significant amount of time and money while gaining a long-lasting, beautiful smile. Find out if you can achieve the same results. Contact our office today at 804-285-1378.