At Grove Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide resin composite tooth colored fillings, which can be completed in just one visit to Grove Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. When in place, the tooth-colored filling can actually strengthen your tooth and help to prevent future decay.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth.
- The tooth remains intact and stronger.
- The resin contains fluoride, which can help prevent decay.
- The resin wears like natural teeth and does not require placement at the gum line, which is healthier for your gums!
The result is a beautiful smile!
Replacing Fillings with a Tooth-Colored Filling
You can have your fillings replaced with tooth-colored restorations (onlays). This process requires two appointments.
1. Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed, along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
At the Lab…
A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
2. Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel. They are stronger and the tooth is protected!